Lemon Tart

Thursday, June 11, 2009


Lemon Tart

This represents my very first attempt at making a lemon tart. The decision to make it was made after my sister Lisa and I were delegated with making dessert for this year's mothers day. I have always wanted to cook one as I think they look lovely, and let's face it - they taste delicious and photograph great!

Ingredients
(serves 6)

185g Marie or Nice biscuits, processed to fine crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
90g butter, melted
pure icing sugar, to serve
Lemon curd
3 lemons
4 eggs
1 cup caster sugar
125g butter, chopped

Lightly grease a 2cm-deep, 24cm (base) loose-based round flan pan.
Combine biscuit crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter in a bowl. Press into base and sides of prepaed pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

How to make the lemon curd:
Finely grate rind of 1 lemon. Juice all lemons.
Whisk eggs and sugar together in a heatproof bowl until well combined.
Add lemon rind and 2/3 cup lemon juice, whisking constantly until well combined. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not allow base to touch water).
Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 20 to 25 minutes or until thick and custard-like. Do not allow to boil.
Remove from heat and whisk in butter.

Pour lemon curd into chilled tart case.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Dust with icing sugar and raspberries and serve.


Also for the same occasion my sister, Lisa did the unthinkable in our family and actually made delicious, scrumptious, and more importantly - successful scones! Since my 94 year old Nan who was THE best scone maker is now incapable of making them anymore, and my mother has refused to make them anymore due to the fact that hers always turn out like rock cakes, my sister took on the challenge and baked them for mothers day! We are all so very proud! he he

If you want her recipe let me know and I'll post it on here!


0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP