On my to do list!

Thursday, June 11, 2009


So as you know we went to Melbourne on the weekend, and it (unintentionally) ended up revolving pretty much entirely around food. We had worked out that by lunchtime on Monday we had travelled the culinary globe and had eaten (not at the one time! ;) foods influenced from the USA, Vietnam, Spain, Malaysia, Italy, Thai, France, Germany and Australia to name a few!

One of our favourite finds was when we went walking around Flinders Station and the Yarra. We found a little hole in the wall selling Churro's, which are apparently the original Spanish donut without a hole! Hot, Cold, Sweet Savoury - these proved to be delicious and hugely dangerous! A deep fried heart attack, though they claim to better for you (what? as opposed to normal deep fried donuts!!! lol) as they use 100% vegetable oil!

Any way after much debate - i settled on an original sweet one with icing sugar and white chocolate dipping sauce - soooo good even after they had turned cold! And Craig could not resist a Hot caramel filled one (he never can when it comes to anything with caramel! :) As you can see it looks delish, and it was!!!!

It's funny how something I had not thought about in years hits me twice in the space of about 3 days. Back in Sydney relaxing in the bath reading a magazine (a guilty pleasure) my mother recycled by handing on to me, what do I stumble upon??? ......but a recipe for - yes, you guessed it - a Churro!

Although I have not yet tried this recipe, I feel that Craig will be itching to make some so I'm pretty sure it will be tested out this weekend. Any hoo - I'll post the recipe for your info and will post my success or failure on Monday!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP