Mini Quiches

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mini Quiches

These quiches make great finger food and I made them for a get together we were having at out place on Saturday night. The can be prepared and cooked well in advance and they can be eaten hot or cold, so they are a great option for casual nibbles with a wine or beer!

Ingredients:
3 large eggs
4 1/2 tablespoons cream
3 teaspoons grated onion
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
Ingredients to your liking all finely chopped (I did 3 combinations: ham/chive, capsicum/cheddar, spinach/fetta)

Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius (190 degrees Celsius fan-forced).

Spray oil onto muffin pan to grease.

Using a fork or small whisk, beat eggs, cream, grated onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.

Using a round cutter roughly the same size as your muffin pan holes, cut circles from each sheet of pastry.

Line each muffin hole with a pastry round.

Divide your selected toppings evenly amongst your pastry cases.

Spoon egg mixture on top off your chosen toppings to cover each topping in each pastry case.

Bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until quiches are golden and puffed. (If pastry is still not cooked on the bottom, cover the top of each tray with Aluminium foil and place back into the oven at a lower temperature for a further 10 minutes).

4 comments:

Unknown Tuesday, August 04, 2009 4:37:00 AM  

Hi Karen

Like the set of pics at the bottom of the post. Would like to do something like this on another site I have. Can you let me know how you did this please?

Thanks

Jamie

Janice Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:27:00 PM  

I love mini quiches, great recipe

John Tuesday, September 01, 2009 8:24:00 AM  

Can't wait to try these!

My Little Space Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:33:00 AM  

Hi Karen, I know it's been a while! I drop by your site for a number of times and try to make a comment but also in trouble with the site. Have no idea what is going on! Finally, I got into the comment box...oh god! Your mini quiche is superb and I love it so very much...yum...yum! I'll try to scroll through and see if I can still be able to leave down comments...*wink*! Wish me luck!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP