Miniature Food Mentions

Tuesday, July 14, 2009


Food + Jewellery = Cute!!!

I am totally obsessed with anything in Miniature size!

Be it canapes, desserts, toiletries or any other variety of packaging, there is something so exciting about receiving a product at a tenth of its original size. I love the miniature toothpaste in hotel rooms, or the tiny bottles of sauce/ketchup you receive from hotel room service, and especially love the free samples in the letter box of deoderant and shampoo that is an exact scaled down version of it's supermarket parent. I think this stemmed from a childhood obsessed with childrens kitchen play sets of replica supermarket foods and ingredients!

Most of the time I find I will buy a product purely for that reason alone....

So what does girl do when she stumbles upon two of her passions in life, food and jewellery, combined in a new and so damn cute way???

At the Glebe markets the other weekend, whilst lapping up the beautiful winters day on show, Craig, friends and I strolled amongst the endless rows of store holders showcasing their wares of items new and used.

We stumbled upon this store holder who was selling the most precious little jewellery that was made up of miniature replica's of various food items.

And although not made in Australia, they are so cute and
I just had to mention them on here! If only I had a little daughter to purchase them for....
You can find more of these designs Here.



So anyway, in my continued search for inspiration and in keeping with today's miniature theme, I came across a lady's blog who, along with her husband, were inspired to take up a challenge by Martha Stewart and create a tiny version of take-away food. I think the results are self explanatory on how successful they were, and how much effort they went to in recreating what you see below. Check it out
here.

It gets my mind ticking.....


3 comments:

MJ Chan Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:02:00 AM  

very cute blog :D

Baking Momma Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:21:00 AM  

I thought I was the only one obsessed with tiny things. I love small little items. I have this hot sauce I found for my hubby and it was no bigger than my thumb. It was so cute. I was so excited and he gave me that weird look lol. You know that look.

Screamin' Mama Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:41:00 AM  

Too cute! Funny...I bought a little bottle of ketchup too when I was visiting my sister in Florida. You could use the little ketchup with your mini burger and fries. :0)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP